Free Shipping on all orders over $100 - Limited Time Savings!
Understanding Candle Issues
If you have a problem with the burning characteristics of the candle, we can help. Please let us know if you have a problem with one of our candles. At our company, everything is done by hand and human errors can happen.
“I was tired of buying these “fake” scented candles for a ridiculous price, only to have them burn up too fast, or only half way. These are undoubtedly the best scented, burning, and consistent candles I have ever found.”
Candle Burn and Wicks
- If the flame seemed too low, like it was ready to go out, and this lasted throughout the burn, and as long as candle was not over-trimmed as described in our instructions, we will replace the candle without hesitation.
- Black residue on the holder or jar is caused from the wick not being trimmed often enough. Using our wick trimmer is necessary while the candle is burning; this ensures a good clean burn. See our Candle Safety Tips for additional information.
Returning merchandise to Candle-licious is easy. Call us at 1-847-488-9982 or contact us for a return authorization.
- We will issue you an RA (Return Authorization) number.
- We must be notified within 7 days after you receive your package, and items must be returned within 30 days to be eligible for refund or exchange.
- Please include a note in the box with RA number, your name and address, or include the packing slip.
- Please pack the item very carefully so it will not be damaged on the return. Items that are damaged during transit back to us due to improper packaging will not be eligible for refund, credit, or exchange.
Refunds and Exchanges
If you want credit applied to your credit card or a refund in the form of a check, the amount will be the purchase price of them item less a 15% restocking fee. Shipping charges are not refunded.
If you choose an exchange then there will not be a restocking fee and a credit will be “on account” for you to use on your replacement order. The original item should be returned to us, postage paid by the customer. No refunds or exchanges can be honored until the merchandise has been returned to us.
If you receive a damaged item we will replace it at no cost to you. We must be notified within 7 days if an item came damaged and you must keep the original box and packing materials because the carrier may want to inspect it. Call us or email us immediately so we can contact the delivery company. All orders are packed with the utmost care. If you received a broken item, chances are it was thrown around during transit. Sometimes, before we receive credit from the carrier, the carrier may contact you in order to inspect the box and the packing materials.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, personal checks, money orders, and PayPal.
PayPal payments funded from your bank account on file with PayPal, and not from your PayPal balance or credit card, require 4 days to clear our account. This will delay the shipment of your order by at least 4 days beyond the normal delivery time. Any other forms of payment through PayPal are instant payments and your order will ship out in our regular time frame.
Coupon codes cannot be entered or used after an order is submitted. Due to the tracking features of the shopping cart system, a coupon code must be entered at the time of the order. If you forgot to put in your coupon code at checkout, we hope you will shop with us again and use a coupon on your next order. Coupon codes will not be honored on wholesale orders. We reserve the right to substitute items offered on the coupon deals. If an item is out of stock or otherwise unavailable at the time we ship your order, we will substitute a comparable item.
“I received my order yesterday which was impressive (ordered on Friday received on Wed during the holiday season)!! Thank you so much.”
We do not add handling or processing fees to your order. You pay only actual carrier published rate plus any insurance that’s not included in the carriers rate.
Occasionally the shipping system will calculate the wrong shipping charge. We watch this very closely and will always lower the charge if the rate was calculated wrong, we never raise the charge on Priority Mail or UPS ground orders (wholesale orders excluded and are subject to increased rates if the system calculated incorrectly, this is usually due to shipments needing to go in more than one box).
UPS Next Day, Second Day and 3rd Day Air shipping charges may be adjusted to a higher rate if package is oversized for its weight class. We will attempt to contact you if Air shipping charge changes to a higher rate, if we cannot reach you by end of day your package will ship at the higher rate and you will be charged the extra amount.
Air shipping charges can be extremely expensive please only choose this option if you need it regardless of cost.
Delivery and Lead Time
In-Stock merchandise will usually ship within 3 to 7 business days from date of order (business days are considered Monday-Friday). Our lead times may vary depending on the season or approaching holiday. Please feel free to contact us for inventory status and current lead times. If you need your product by a certain date let us know in the comments section of the order form also email us with your needed delivery date, we will try our best to meet your schedule and contact you if we cant. Please do not wait until the last minute to order and then expect us to push your order ahead of other orders.
Candle-licious offers Insured UPS Ground, 3rd Day Select, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air and Priority Mail to all orders delivering with in the United States.
P.O Boxes, APO, FPO and U.S. possessions such as Puerto Rico and Guam addresses must ship Insured Priority Mail only.
Important note: The carriers service level that you choose has no bearing on how soon your order will ship, in other words if you choose UPS Next Day Air your order will still have our normal processing time of 3 to 7 business days but will be delivered the next day after shipping.
** Very Important Note: Summer Shipments **
If you live in a warmer climate where temperatures exceed 90 degrees you will need to select the United States Post Office, Priority Mail for orders during the warmer months. During warmer months we only ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and sometimes Thursdays. Priority Mail will get the box to you in 2-3 days, it won’t sit in a hot truck all day, the boxes are cared for a bit better and the box won’t sit in a hot warehouse over a weekend.
We cannot guarantee the condition of our wax products during the warmer months if you select UPS or FedEx for your delivery option. We seldom have problems when Priority Mail is used.
Please leave a note for your postman alerting him that you’re expecting a package that contains items that may melt if left outside in the sun.
Shipping to APO/FPO Military Addresses
“From Bagdad to Illinois with LOVE - The candles smell GREAT!!! I ordered some for myself and a couple of friends, hoping to overcome the smell of...well... sewer gas (the drainage here isn't so great). Let me tell you, our rooms, and the whole hallway smell WONDERFUL.”
We have shipped hundreds of orders to military addresses. Please follow the instructions below. The shipping fees are the same as if you are shipping to the USA. Be sure to choose the USPS Priority Mail shipping option. You do not need to choose the more expensive international options, no matter where you are!
Use the following format for filling out the address form:
Address Line 1
Additional Address Info (If Needed)
APO, AP 91645 (zip is specific to you)
Shipping - International
International shipments cannot be tracked. Brokerage fees, import tariffs, customs duties, customs clearance fees and other local taxes may apply to international orders and are assessed by customs authorities at the time of delivery. Not all international points are insurable or the insurable dollar amount is limited. Candle-licious will not be held financially responsible for any lost or damaged items that insurance doesn’t cover. The international customer assumes all risk regarding loss or damage. We will assist in filing clams with carriers but placing your order is agreeing to our policy terms and regardless of claim outcome Candle-licious will not be declined full payment for product by the billed customer.
How to avoid paying brokerage fees when shipped UPS
Canadians who have had goods shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service, NOT USPS, United States Postal Service, which is "regular mail") from the United States have no doubt experienced the very expensive fees UPS charges for clearing the item through customs. What many do not know is that you do not have to pay these fees.
- What To Do if Customs is in Your Town:
- When the UPS delivery person comes to your door, refuse the package, telling them that you would like to clear the item through customs yourself.
- The UPS person will take the package back to the UPS depot.
- You then go to the customs and clear the package, paying any taxes that are owed.
- They will give you paperwork to take back to UPS to get your parcel. Easy.
- What To Do if Customs is NOT in Your Town:
- UPS may tell you that you have to clear your package in the same town where the UPS depot that’s handling your shipment resides. This isn't true.
- Packages can be cleared through customs via any CBSA office as long as all the paperwork is sufficient for customs classification and the duties/fees/taxes are paid.
- Here is the process:
- Have the shipper send you a commercial invoice and shipment tracking information.
- Call UPS to tell them you’ll be clearing the shipment with customs yourself.
- Visit the nearest CBSA office and file the paperwork, pay the appropriate duties/fees/taxes.
- Send the B15 Casual Goods Accounting Document to UPS via fax. Your package will be delivered to your home.
For additional information and/or clarification on accounting for casual importations, please contact Border Information Service (BIS) by telephone. You can access the BIS line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1 800-461-9999. If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an agent by pressing '0' at any time.